[SOLVED] SSD FOR OLD PC

Feb 24, 2021
Hello everyone, old boy here needing a bit of advice, I have a Medion PC which is only used occasionally it's 12 years old the model is an Akoya E7330 d. It's pretty full and slow, have been thinking of putting in an SSD but unsure if it will be worthwhile a 1TB at £90 seems a good idea if it works. The windows 10 is still 1803 as updates seem to fail. I mainly use an Acer laptop Advice is welcome.

Report Edit

Solution
Just did the Crucial scan said no to memory upgrade but yes to strorage upgrade. I had been looking at the Crucial MX 500. Sounds OK which it recommends
Yes, an MX500 will be a drop in replacement for a 2.5" spinning HDD.

Since your current OS seems to be having issues, I recommend just a fresh install on this new drive.
OS and everything else.

itsdigger

Reputable
Jan 11, 2018
Hello everyone, old boy here needing a bit of advice, I have a Medion PC which is only used occasionally it's 12 years old the model is an Akoya E7330 d. It's pretty full and slow, have been thinking of putting in an SSD but unsure if it will be worthwhile a 1TB at £90 seems a good idea if it works. The windows 10 is still 1803 as updates seem to fail. I mainly use an Acer laptop Advice is welcome.

Report Edit
Run the Crucial.com system scanner and it will show you the available upgrades for your computer like, SSD, RAM, etc...

USAFRet

Titan
Just did the Crucial scan said no to memory upgrade but yes to strorage upgrade. I had been looking at the Crucial MX 500. Sounds OK which it recommends
Yes, an MX500 will be a drop in replacement for a 2.5" spinning HDD.

Since your current OS seems to be having issues, I recommend just a fresh install on this new drive.
OS and everything else.

Solution
A ssd will transform the performance of your pc and is highly recommended.
A new, clean windows install is recommended since you now seem to have issues with updates.

But, is it is too painful to reinstall your apps, try a samsung 870 evo and use the ssd migration aid.
Here is a link to the app and instructions: