SSD Freezing/Slow Boot

slicerm1

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
I just recently upgraded from a HDD to an SSD in my computer and put my pc boots from my ssd now. At first everything was fine, but now all of a sudden, my pc will freeze up and the boot time is extremely slow. I have no clue what the issue is. I used my anti virus at first to run a check but nothing came up. Im not 100% sure what it is. I looked up that some people were saying that there are problems with the windows sata drivers but im not sure exactly what that even means.
Im using the Samsung 860 Evo 500GB 2.5 inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM). Any help would be great.

Solution
Eventually the SATA data cable got a bit lose, reconnect the cable or replace it. Which motherboard is it?

How did you migrate the SSD, did you freshly install windows to it?

slicerm1

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013

Asus Z87-k is my motherboard and I freshly installed windows to it. Ill and reconnect the cable now.
- just reconnected the sata cable and power cable. Going to give it a try tomorrow.

slicerm1

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013

I think reconnecting the SATA cable was what I needed to do. I have had no issues with my computer since last night. I believe that it became loose or something when I had to move my pc to higher ground because of the hurricane and possible flooding. So that might have just been what i needed to do. Thanks