[SOLVED] SSD gives me access denied when I have turned off the computer, but am able to get access to the SSD when I have restarted Windows.

Sep 24, 2021
So, today I turned on my computer as like any other normal day, but when I get into windows, I see the Steam hasn't started up as it normally does. I go into the explorer, I click on my SSD where I keep all my games, (This is a secondary SSD where I keep the games on) But the drive says access denied. I try to start my pc again, but this time I use the restart button instead of just normal shutdown, and then it works! I then try to do a normal shutdown on my pc, I get into windows, but I get the same access denied again.

Anyone know any fix for this? Thanks in advance! Oh, and if you want me to provide more details I'll do my best!

Sep 24, 2021
Diagnose your SSD with diagnostic tool from SSD manufacturer.
What make/model SSD is it?

Hey there! The SSD that I am having issues with right now is called: Samsung 870 EVO internal 1TB. I downloaded the software for diagnostics, but the program can't detect the SSD. I can see the SSD right now in explorer, and I can also access it. But the program won't detect it.