[SOLVED] SSD goes to 100% load then computer freezes

SpundleSping

Reputable
May 6, 2017
Typically when I'm playing games the usage on my NVMe SSD (Which is the only storage in the PC) seemingly randomly shoots up to 100% before the whole system freezes up and becomes unusable. I've left it for hours before but it seems to be a full freeze forever.
I have run a dskchk, I have run a memory error check, I have disabled Cortana, I have disabled updates shared on a network. I have even cleaned out the whole pc just to make sure it wasn't a cooling thing.

I seriously don't know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.

I doubt it would be the video drivers because its the ssd that went to 100 percent, not the graphics card
You may be right but if not reinstalling the drivers, what else can they try? I made the suggestion because they were looking for any ideas and faulty drivers can cause many odd behaviours in a computer. Doing a clean reinstall of the video drivers is something relatively simple to try and costs nothing. If it does not help, no harm has been done but one possible source of the problem has been eliminated .

May 20, 2020
You may be right but if not reinstalling the drivers, what else can they try? I made the suggestion because they were looking for any ideas and faulty drivers can cause many odd behaviours in a computer. Doing a clean reinstall of the video drivers is something relatively simple to try and costs nothing. If it does not help, no harm has been done but one possible source of the problem has been eliminate
I guess your right instead, considering its during a game and games probs wont go easy on the gpu or cpu except for those low end 2d or whaeva ones