[SOLVED] SSD hard disk - BIOS

Nov 18, 2019
Hi everyone!!

I have a Asus X555U laptop, I bought a 1 TB Samsung 860 QVO hard drive. I want to replace my old HDD with my new SSD

I cloned all the particions from the HDD with SSD, the laptop recognizes the SSD. When changing and inserting the SSD, the BIOS keeps running and running after setting the boot for my SSD and saving changes.

It says it might have three mistakes: Language errors, and other two I don't rmember.

When putting my HDD it runs normally.

Please, I would like to ask for your help on this. Thank you.

Solution
You shouldn't even partition an SSD regardless of how big or small the SSD is. You should ideally source a secondary HDD caddy(probably a 9.7mm variant) and have the SSD in there or the HDD. The SSD can go into the initial spot for the HDD.

You will also need a bootable USB installer that has the OS installer on it, after you've used Windows Media Creation Tools to create said installer.

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop's motherboard as well prior to any hardware upgrades.

Lutfij

Titan
You shouldn't even partition an SSD regardless of how big or small the SSD is. You should ideally source a secondary HDD caddy(probably a 9.7mm variant) and have the SSD in there or the HDD. The SSD can go into the initial spot for the HDD.

You will also need a bootable USB installer that has the OS installer on it, after you've used Windows Media Creation Tools to create said installer.

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop's motherboard as well prior to any hardware upgrades.

Solution
Nov 18, 2019
Thank you so much for your reply!!
Related to:
- You shouldn't even partition an SSD regardless of how big or small the SSD is.
Should I clean it and make it "one" again?

- You should ideally source a secondary HDD caddy(probably a 9.7mm variant) and have the SSD in there or the HDD. The SSD can go into the initial spot for the HDD.
With this, I can keep both? Because the HDD is really slow.

- Latest BIOS update. Yes, it is the last one.

Maria