[SOLVED] SSD has a max speed of around 30, but when I unplug the SATA 3 from my motherboard and plug it back in it fixes the issue temporarily

Nov 8, 2020
The issue I have is that my SSD is slow as hell, but if I unplug and plug back the SATA 3 cable it fixes the issue temporarily, and then it goes back to being slow after I restart the pc

These are the stats I get when I run user benchmark before unplugging and plugging my SATA 3 back in

5TT1dp4.png

The stats I get after I unplug the SATA 3 cable and plug it back in (It returns back to its <Mod Edit>performance after I restart my PC a few times)

Uj59X4J.png

What I tried already:
-Changing SATA 3 port. Changed it like 3 different times and it keeps returning to being a slow piece of <Mod Edit>
-Replacing the SATA 3 cable with a new one, keeps doing the same thing.

I really don't get where the issue is, because the SSD is capable of working way above expectations if I do what I mentioned above (Unplugging and plugging back SATA 3 cable)
PS: If you guys need video proof of this actually happening I am willing to do that since I have tried searching for this and couldn't find anything and the issue looks kinda unbelievable to me and random.

more info:
-I have 50% capacity used in the SSD
-this is how my SSD looks in disk management.
W4eaHa1.png

My pc build =
Motherboard: Asus STRIX Z270G GAMING
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB
HDD: Seagate ST4000NE001-2MA101 4TB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 8, 2020
OK, what are we looking at?
The top pic is your drive, and the bottom pic is...?
The same SSD but the first picture is what it looks like normally, the second picture is when I plug the SATA 3 cable in a different port on the motherboard which fixes it then it goes back to normal after rebooting pc or restarting which is 30 mb/s per second write and read