[SOLVED] SSD & HDD being held in same bracket

dtjones369

Commendable
Aug 13, 2019
Are there any heating or other concerns about putting and hdd drive under an SSD in the same bracket?

I'm using the Corsair 2.5" bracket in a 3.5" bay and it will hold 2 drives. I just freed up a 2.5" WD HDD Blue and wanted to add it in the machine. It is 750GB and would replace a 3.5" 500GB drive.
It will just hold my cloud files: Google, Dropbox,... That is pretty much all the action it will see with some light transferring of files to other internal drives.

USAFRet

Titan
Are there any heating or other concerns about putting and hdd drive under an SSD in the same bracket?

I'm using the Corsair 2.5" bracket in a 3.5" bay and it will hold 2 drives. I just freed up a 2.5" WD HDD Blue and wanted to add it in the machine. It is 750GB and would replace a 3.5" 500GB drive.
It will just hold my cloud files: Google, Dropbox,... That is pretty much all the action it will see with some light transferring of files to other internal drives.
As long as everything is securely mounted, no issues at all.

dtjones369

Commendable
Aug 13, 2019
Great question.
I did wonder that, but forgot. My case allows for a 2.5" to be screwed to the bottom. When I tried to add the HDD to the bottom, it would pull to the case due to the magnets.
I did add the HDD to the bracket. It is about .25" from the SSD, which is on top.

I doubt it will make much difference.
Mount the hdd on the top as heat rises and you don't want to block the escape route.

TRENDING THREADS