[SOLVED] SSD/HDD - HDD no longer appears?

Jul 18, 2020
My computer power was going off shortly after me turning the computer on (it wouldn't boot up). I replaced the CMOS battery and that seemed to resolve the issue. However, once started up, my D drive (the HDD drive) no longer appears. I believe the SSD and HDD are a combo drive (I don't see a second component in the case). Any idea what has happened and if there is a fix? TIA

Solution
TY.
The 1Tb drive is not shown.
Enter the bios and see if it is shown there plz. Also see which mode your Sata ports are in.
if it is then disable the Secure Boot option . Save & exit and see if it shows up in Windows now.
Jul 18, 2020
Is the SSD a module, perhaps an Intel Optane drive?

Unfortunately I have no idea. It’s a basic HP computer. If memory serves me correctly, it is a 1 TB hard drive and a 128 MB SSD. All I know is I had a C and D drive and now it only shows the C drive which is the SSD.

popatim

Titan
TY.
Enter the bios and see if it is shown there plz. Also see which mode your Sata ports are in.
if it is then disable the Secure Boot option . Save & exit and see if it shows up in Windows now.

Solution
Jul 18, 2020
TY.
Which mode do I want to see the Sata ports in?

popatim

Titan
ACHI is typical and the desired choice for an SSD.
I suspected they might be in raid but since Windows boots on the SSD currently I'm thinking that is not the case. Changing the Cmos battery tends to reset the bios to default values which should be AHCi or Legacy.

Which mode are they in? Changing them will probably cause a Windows boot failure.