SSD - HDD mix up (please help)

Vanvlja

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
I have build my first computer with both a 250Gb ssd and a 1Tb hdd and I downloaded windows 8.1 onto my SSD (through the bios) but from then on everything I've downloaded (steam, google chrome, drivers) have also been stored onto my SSD, with nothing on my HDD. I only want my operating system on my SSD and everything else on my hard drive. How do i fix this?

When you install programs, you will have an option to choose where it installs. Just change the directory to the HDD. You don't have to keep only the OS on the SSD, you can keep some of the applications. I wouldn't bother moving every single applications to the HDD.
You can run steam perfectly fine on a HDD.

Vanvlja

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

Where can I do this from? What about when i download other games and it installs into my programs(x86) file, will that be on my SSD?

Yes that is on your SSD.
You can only do this when you are installing programs. In one of the options, it will ask you where to install the programs. Only at that time you can choose to install on the SSD or HDD. For any installed programs, you can't move them unless you reinstall them.

You can install games on the hard drive. Just make sure you change the where it is to be installed .

Vanvlja

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/kVN9A7f.png?1 that is what is wrong. My Disk1, is not being recognised, Do you know where i go to change it so that my computer writes on disk1 instead of disk0. Only my DVD Drive and SSD are being recognised.

Vanvlja

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

Thank you so much, i'm sorry if i was confusing at all

USAFRet

Titan