Question SSD + HDD On HP 14 am054tx?

Mar 24, 2019
Hello! I'm pretty new to SSD + HDD set ups. My laptop is HP 14 am054tx
I'm planning to replace my old HDD (8% health on HDSentinel), and I was wondering if it's possible for me use an SSD, then add an HDD using a caddy without causing any performance problem.
I am aware that anything on the HDD would load slower as compared to the SSD. I am more interested if there would be a problem in the voltage and my laptop would blow up suddenly.

Thanks for the help!

Lutfij

Titan
You should look into adding an SSD into the caddy in place of the ODD, not the other way round. Have the SSD in the spot your ODD is right now and then leave the HDD where it currently is. The reason being is that SSD's don't heat up as much as an HDD and the placement of the HDD is such that some air flows across it to cool the drive when the CPU fan is powered and running.

Mar 24, 2019
You should look into adding an SSD into the caddy in place of the ODD, not the other way round. Have the SSD in the spot your ODD is right now and then leave the HDD where it currently is. The reason being is that SSD's don't heat up as much as an HDD and the placement of the HDD is such that some air flows across it to cool the drive when the CPU fan is powered and running.
That's pretty helpful! Thanks!