Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakunus

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015

It's Samsun 850 EVO 120GB, I bought it in 2015, and recentley i'v been having problems like over 10 gb memory missing, couple blue screens of death, and i used Disk Sentinel to check its Health and it's as 94%, and my HDD thas over 5 years old is at 100%, so should i use the warranty on it?

USAFRet

Titan

What does the Samsung Magician say?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
10GB on a 120GB? Ie you have ~110GB available? 10% is reserved for over provisioning, so nothing wrong there.

How full is the drive? SSDs will slow down as they utilize their capacity, keep that in mind.

BSOD's are (generally) the result of driver issues, and highly unlikely to be done to a 'bad' SSD.

Use warranty? I personally think that'd be a waste of time, they'd test it and sent it back as is

As USAFRet suggested, use Samsung Magicina.

Rakunus

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015

It says drive condition is good

Rakunus

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015

I looked at my C drive and memory is missing it happened more then once, right now I have 71 GB left

USAFRet

Titan

That tells me little.

You have a 120GB drive (111GB actual space), and 71GB free space?
So presumably you have ONLY the OS on this drive, and it is a pretty recent install?

Rakunus

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015

Of course I have more than just the OS, I have some programs and games, lost of memory didnt happen on this current install of the OS, but it did on last 2, where I presume "Health" went down

USAFRet

Titan

An SSD won't "lose" space and then regain it because it is failing.
That was due to some software.

While 94% health is is less than any of my existing SSD's, it is not necessarily bad. And especially if Magician says it is OK.

Rakunus

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015

It never regained lost memory, but it might be something bad with windows, I'll be getting new MOBO and CPU soon and i'll install windows again

Rakunus

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015

I allways delete that

Rakunus

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015

Yea, and my HDD is over 5 years old and is at 100%, I'll wait for new components and new windows, if I still have problems I'll use the waranty

donutcoffee

Prominent
Jan 3, 2021

Yea, and my HDD is over 5 years old and is at 100%, I'll wait for new components and new windows, if I still have problems I'll use the waranty
I doubt a 5+ year old hard drive will still have any warranty remaining on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.