Question SSD health 97% since 5-6 months

Oct 3, 2022
My laptop is HP 15-ef2127wm, I have been using it for 5-6 months and like every 2 months it's taking 1% of life of my SSD. Is this cause for concern?
What should I do so that the percentage does not drop more? And why my SSD has 97% health?

ssd-health.jpg

kanewolf

Titan
That is an OEM model SSD. But this page from Kioxia webpage -- https://apac.kioxia.com/en-apac/personal/ssd/exceria-nvme-ssd.html shows the write endurance of a 250GB disk at 100TB written. Your screen shot shows 2.5TB written. 3% usage of 100TB written seems accurate.
That is a low endurance small SSD. It will use the write endurance faster than a higher spec'ed drive.
Drives can fail at ANY TIME. Have an automated backup process that follow and don't obsess about this.

My laptop is HP 15-ef2127wm, I have been using it for 5-6 months and like every 2 months it's taking 1% of life of my SSD. Is this cause for concern?
What should I do so that the percentage does not drop more? And why my SSD has 97% health?
The only way to stop the health percentage dropping would be not to use it. 2.49TB written over 6 months doesn't sound particularly high to me. However if you think you have abnormal SSD writes, I would suggest going to Task Manager>>>Details tab>>>Right click 'Select Columns', tick 'I/O write bytes. Then just leave Task Manager open all day while your using the computer, if you order your columns by 'I/O write bytes, it should give you an idea of what programs are writing the most data.