Question SSD health 98%

Status
Not open for further replies.

agalpha

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Is this cause for concern? This SSD has 98% health since a few months (8-9 months atleast). It hasn't dropped further. There are no problems in usage of this drive. Working Flawlessly. Thing is I recently got a ADATA drive that was overheating and returned it. Right now I'm not in a place where I have many other options so I need to stick to this drive and I was worried if the 98% health is a concern and I should be worried. Although the health has been at this point since 8 or 9 months and usage wise there are no problems.
*There is no important data on here. Only Windows and software which can always be reinstalled.
AA.jpg

I have a few SSDs that have been sitting at 98-99% health for months to years.
I haven't been concerned...and I haven't had any issues.
The SSDs are from different manufacturers as well.
There are Samsungs and Crucials.
I'm not saying that you don't have some issue....but I'm thinking.....being I have a few like that from different manufacturers that it might be normal.

These "Health" ratings are basically a representation of "Estimated remaining lifetime". It usually doesn't effect performance until Health drops really low, like 10%. Also remember that full SSDs wear faster and perform slower.

This is not a concern in any way. Manufacture says that your SSD has a guaranteed lifetime of a number of writes, so it calculates Health according to what you have already written. I have heard stories of SSD working at 0% health.

agalpha

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
I have a few SSDs that have been sitting at 98-99% health for months to years.
I haven't been concerned...and I haven't had any issues.
The SSDs are from different manufacturers as well.
There are Samsungs and Crucials.
I'm not saying that you don't have some issue....but I'm thinking.....being I have a few like that from different manufacturers that it might be normal.

What do you think it means by the "2 write errors"? and Yes, a friend of mine is using a SSD that's at 78 and still working fine.

agalpha

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
I'm not sure....but I have learned that "write errors" aren't necessarily related to the drive. They can be software related etc. If you google around I think you will find this.
Do you remember if your drives showed any error like that in any utility? I'm a student and I can't really change the drive for a few months. I basically survive on like a few hundred each month.

agalpha

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
The utility I used for that isn't explicitly for HDs. It is HWInfo.
I don't think it does write/read tests.
Well i guess that this will be fine since its been like this for months now. I don't see why it will drop further without any reason whatsoever. I'm just gonna let this go and stop being paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.