[SOLVED] Ssd health

Wizz012

Reputable
Apr 12, 2020
Hello guys! Three days ago i bought my first ssd(kingston 120gb A400) and in the same day i installed a game(mount and blade bannerlord-50gb), i played some hours then i quit. Next today i opened Kingston manager and i saw at wear indicator 99% after 50gb and few hours of use, i am worried about my ssd's health. I will attach some pictures that i took right now after i used this ssd for 3 days . I want this ssd to last for 2-3 years. It's ok to decrease to 99 after 1 day?( few hours of gaming)
Thank you, good night!

Solution
SSD's have a limited number of writes a cell can take before they wear out. You've written 112Gb so far, that's equal to one full drive write for you. A larger drive would be less impacted by that much data but i don't think you have anything to worry about either.

The A400 has a 0.3 DWPD & 40TB total bytes written endurance rating so aside from installing 100Gb+ everyday, you'll probably not wear it out in the next 3 yrs. Andy by then you'll be more then ready to throw this out for being too small & maybe too slow.

IMO, the 99% is simply a rounding issue in the software. Your drive is not at 100% anymore, but it can't show you 99.75% <grin>

popatim

Titan
SSD's have a limited number of writes a cell can take before they wear out. You've written 112Gb so far, that's equal to one full drive write for you. A larger drive would be less impacted by that much data but i don't think you have anything to worry about either.

The A400 has a 0.3 DWPD & 40TB total bytes written endurance rating so aside from installing 100Gb+ everyday, you'll probably not wear it out in the next 3 yrs. Andy by then you'll be more then ready to throw this out for being too small & maybe too slow.

IMO, the 99% is simply a rounding issue in the software. Your drive is not at 100% anymore, but it can't show you 99.75% <grin>

Solution

Wizz012

Reputable
Apr 12, 2020

Thanks for your reply and your explanation!