SSD help can't find it

Aaron9546

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
I just clean installed windows 10 onto my HDD and can't find my SSD to move windows onto now when I go into disk management it shows me my ssd "Healthy (systems, active, primary partition )" and my hdd "Healthy (boot,page file, crash dumo, primary partition ) but in "this pc" it has no option to go on my SSD I can only see my hdd and the system reserved hdd do I have to do something in bios?

Solution

For the OS, no, you cannot just copy/paste from one drive to another.
Easus Todo, Macrium Reflect, Acronis Trueimage, Casper....Use one of those.

You can't see it in 'This PC', because it doesn't have a drive letter yet.

Use one of the above tools to migrate the OS from the old drive to the new drive.
Assuming, of course, that the total used space on the current C partition is smaller than the size of the SSD.

Aaron9546

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015

I have used this ssd before with windows 10 on I'm only using the hdd now because the usb clean install would't allow me to do it on the ssd only the hdd for some reason

USAFRet

Titan

OK, so you have the OS on the HDD
You wish to move this OS install to the HDD
What tool are you going to use to do this?

Aaron9546

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015

EaseUS Todo Backup but I've not got to that yet I was wondering why I can't see my ssd on "this pc"

I think he wants to move it from the HDD to the SSD

Aaron9546

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015

this

USAFRet

Titan

oops..I meant SSD in the second line.

So...what are you planning to use to do this?

Aaron9546

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015

I did not know I had to use a tool I thought copy and paste from one drive to another would do it lol so I would use EaseUS Todo Backup but I still don't understand why I can see my ssd in the "this pc" part and only the hdd is visible until you go into disk managment

USAFRet

Titan

For the OS, no, you cannot just copy/paste from one drive to another.
Easus Todo, Macrium Reflect, Acronis Trueimage, Casper....Use one of those.

You can't see it in 'This PC', because it doesn't have a drive letter yet.

Use one of the above tools to migrate the OS from the old drive to the new drive.
Assuming, of course, that the total used space on the current C partition is smaller than the size of the SSD.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS