CPU: Intel Core i7-7820x

Motherboard
MSI Pro Series X299 Raider

Currently connected is:
4x 8gb DDR4 RAM
Samsung NVMe SSD 960 Evo M.2 250GB
1tb HDD
1080 TI Graphics card

Hi, I really need some help I hardly know anything about pcs. Recently my SSD keeps getting full so ive brought a 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 . I was wondering can I connect this on my motherboard too? So have 2 ssds and the HDD.

(I know my board has 2 slots, one is hard to get too because the graphics card covers this , but i think i am right in saying i can unplug the graphics card install the ssd and it will be fine ?.)

Thank you

Solution
Storage is only limited by ports, that includes all the applicable Sata3 ports, any pcie add-in cards, m.2 slots, USB externals.

It's entirely possible to have 20 SSDs attached by various means to a pc, but by then it's ceased to be a gaming pc and become the next best thing to a NAS.

If using both m.2 slots with a Sata hdd, check your user manual, some motherboards share ports, so will disable 1 or 2 Sata ports as they become the m.2 instead. You'll need to make sure the hdd is not plugged into a disabled port.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Storage is only limited by ports, that includes all the applicable Sata3 ports, any pcie add-in cards, m.2 slots, USB externals.

It's entirely possible to have 20 SSDs attached by various means to a pc, but by then it's ceased to be a gaming pc and become the next best thing to a NAS.

If using both m.2 slots with a Sata hdd, check your user manual, some motherboards share ports, so will disable 1 or 2 Sata ports as they become the m.2 instead. You'll need to make sure the hdd is not plugged into a disabled port.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS