ssd in vivobook

mehd

Reputable
May 5, 2014
hi
i replaced hdd with sdd in vivobook s400ca with 24g ssd as a cash.and biose detect my ssd 128g (transcend)but while installing windows 8 noting boot from dvd.

mehd

Reputable
May 5, 2014
in asus vivobook s400 ca.i want to replace the hdd with an ssd(128g transcend 320).after putting ssd in the sata socket and turn on the notebook nothing load from dvd ram biose setting are properly true.and bios detect my ssd and description it in sata configuration.
please help what should i do to use my ssd as a internal hard.

You first need to put Windows on your SSD.
- Have you set bios so that the DVD player is the boot drive?
- Have you removed the hdd?
- Have you installed the ssd?
Then put the Windows DVD into the DVD player and start the pc. Follow the instructions to put Windows onto the SSD.

Then shutdown and restart your pc and reset the boot order in bios so that the ssd is the primary boot drive. And remove the Windows DVD.

Your pc should now be OK. You can then shutdown and put the hdd back if your vivobook can have a second drive. Then check the drives in bios.

mehd

Reputable
May 5, 2014
so thank for answering me
what do u mean to put windows on my ssd first?do u mean to ransfer the partion with its operating system with a cable from hdd to ssd
and then replace theme in motherboard sata socket?

- Have you set bios so that the DVD player is the boot drive? yes
- Have you removed the hdd? yes
- Have you installed the ssd? yes
my vivobook s400ca only have an hhd and 24 g ssd as a cash with no dvd drive.(i use external dvd drive).
i want to replace hhd with sdd(128gig transcend320)
thanks again

mehd

Reputable
May 5, 2014
i have done it before but nothing read from dvd ram to gathering information to install windows8.is it possible my:??: motherboard dose not support or detect my transcend 320 with 128g storage?
hdd and ssd are both 7mm and suitable in size.is it possible my ssd conflict with 24gig ssd cash?
my dvd and dvd ram are healt.but when i boot from dvd nothing come up and the screen stay black.
[
what should i do?

mehdi1184

Reputable
May 20, 2014
Did you make your dvd player first boot priority in bios when you tried to do the Windows installation? yes in bios and when i restart the notebook and press esc key i have 3 choice 1- ssd hard 2_ dvd 3- inter setup i always choice boot from dvd (2) bot notghing happen and screen stay black.