[SOLVED] SSD Installation

Oct 31, 2019
Hey all, I just bought a Kingston 240GB A400 SSD (2.5”) and I was looking to get that set up into my PC. The problem is, I’ve never done anything like this and don’t know what to do. I’ve watched some videos on it but they all involve using a Windows CD which I don’t have. Could anyone give me any help on what I need to do?

Solution
Ok so I might just install the ssd and put games on it, do you know if that might trouble my pc?
Having a second drive in there is no issue.
My current main system has 7.

For installing Steam games, see this:

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png
Oct 31, 2019
Depends on what you're trying to do.

You want to have the OS on this SSD?
Is this a new PC?
What OS are you working with?
So my understanding is that I could use the SSD to boot up games quicker, etc. And that’s all I wanted it to do. I just wanted to have it in my PC to start games that usually take me awhile. My OS is windows 10 and it’s a prebuilt PC I bought awhile back.

Oct 31, 2019
So, 2 options:

Completely reconfigure the system to have the OS boot from the SSD. Being only a 240GB drive, this will limit your game install size.

or

Just connect the SSD, and install a few games on it, whatever fits.
Ok so I might just install the ssd and put games on it, do you know if that might trouble my pc?

Oct 31, 2019
Having a second drive in there is no issue.
My current main system has 7.

For installing Steam games, see this:

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png
Sorry, additional question, is there a certain cord in my pc I need to unplug? I know I need a Sata cable but it doesn’t seem there’s anything in my pc that’s not unplugged

USAFRet

Titan
Sorry, additional question, is there a certain cord in my pc I need to unplug? I know I need a Sata cable but it doesn’t seem there’s anything in my pc that’s not unplugged
SATA data cable connects fromt he drive to the motherboard.
SATA power cable comes from the PSU. Hopefully there is an unused connection on one of the SATA power cables currently attached to your PSU.