[SOLVED] SSD Intel 125GB Win7 64-bit and WD Raptor 250GB XP 64-bit copying files over to XP Drive Do Not Have Permission:

flyboydale54

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
How to copy files from SSD 125GB Win7 64-bit to WD 250MB Raptor XP 64-bit drives, do not have permission error. I have the SSD internally connected and the Raptor in the hot swap-able drive bay in my Corsair Obsidian 800D Case. Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7. Says I do not have permission to copy files from the internal SSD to the Raptor in hot swap-able drive bay. Does not make a difference of which Drive I boot to, says Do Not Have Permission. Basically, I need to know how to copy files from the SSD to the Raptor to free up space on the SSD which only has 1GB space left. The Raptor has plenty of space. Should I mount both internally to the SATA ports instead? Both are boot-able to their respective Operating Systems which the installations of each OS done separately with one HD connected at a time to this same computer. Question comes to mind, should I partition the WD Raptor with XP 64-bit for space to store these files from My Documents and Downloads I need to save and protect from loss? Both drives have My Documents and Download Folders on them and each needs to be preserved separately. I can not wipe the Raptor because my printer does not support Windows 7. I need to know if each drive needs to be mounted to separate SATA Ports Internally and what will happen if both drives are boot-able with their respective Operating Systems. I do not want to corrupt my SSD 125GB Hard Drive with Win7 64-bit on it which I use primarily. Both drives are formatted NTFS and I do not know if this is where the problem lies. I am not familiar with what restrictions NTFS places on my issue. My intentions after I get the files copied from the SSD to the Raptor is to disconnect the Raptor with the XP 64-bit from the computer. The Raptor 250GB HDD was only used for about a month until I bought Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and the Intel SSD 125GB. At that time I removed the Raptor, installed the SSD and did a fresh install of Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. Can someone with extensive knowledge please explain to me how to copy My Document Folders and Files and the Download Folders and Files from my SSD to the WD Raptor HDD when it says "You Do Not Have Permission"? Please lead me through step by step. Thank you.

Solution
On this 250GB Raptor drive, with XP...is there anything on that drive that you need?
If not, delete all of it, leaving a blank space.

Copy what you need from the SSD.