Question ssd is bent

kavihooman

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2016
Hello, I recently purchased a Kioxia Exceria Pro 1TB which appears slightly bent. It functions properly on the system. Should this be a concern? Additionally, I am considering installing a heatsink which can keep it straight.

Oct 13, 2024
Hello, I recently purchased a Kioxia Exceria Pro 1TB which appears slightly bent. It functions properly on the system. Should this be a concern? Additionally, I am considering installing a heatsink which can keep it straight.
If it works then it will likely keep working. If you can easily return it I would suggest you do but if not you should be ok.

You might want to add an image to show the extent of the warpage
Also that.

Reactions: kavihooman
I added picture.
It's fine. In fact most PCB's are not fully flat once all the components are soldered on. Almost every Mobo I've ever owned (Going back to the 90's) has had a slight curvature to it viewed edge on, you can even see it on some GPUs as well though the cooler typically flattens things out. M.2 drives are rather thin, and quite flexible. I've seen much worse than yours.

Reactions: kavihooman

kavihooman

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2016
It's fine. In fact most PCB's are not fully flat once all the components are soldered on. Almost every Mobo I've ever owned (Going back to the 90's) has had a slight curvature to it viewed edge on, you can even see it on some GPUs as well though the cooler typically flattens things out. M.2 drives are rather thin, and quite flexible. I've seen much worse than yours.
Thank you. I will keep it and add a heatsink to keep it flat too.

TRENDING THREADS