Question SSD is there, but isn’t being read... I think

giantmonkey701

Commendable
Jan 12, 2018
So, every time I try to boot up my computer, it goes straight to bios. I look at my mother board and see that the booting light is on. I then look at the storage devices and see that my pc recognizes my HDD and reads it but not my SSD. Like it shows it’s there but instead of showing it’s name and how many GBs it holds, it just says REALTEK plus something else and 0000 GBs. I switched the SATA cables of both and still same problem. I also don’t think it’s the SATA power cable, because the one in my ssd was previously on my hdd and worked fine plus my computer is seeing it’s there so pretty sure it’s getting power. I’ve also read about disappearing ssds, but I don’t THINK mine is disappearing, it’s just not being read. Unless I’m wrong. Thank you for the help in advance.

I also want to say that it sometimes does boot up from the ssd. I have to turn the computer on and off multiple times just so it can boot. At this point I think it has to be an SSD problem. This SSD is brand new by the way, it’s not like it randomly stopped working when it always has been. I’ve had it for less than 2 weeks.