Question SSD issue

harshsaroha21

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
So i brought a new Crucial SSD 240 gb . It ran fine at start. Then yesterday was getting a lot of bsod and stuff so i just thought of reinstalling Windows. Then when i tried to Format it. I just couldn't win 10 installer even said that this disk may fail soon. After that i just booted through it again. It booted like normal but now whatever i do just doesn't saves. Like i installed Razer Cortex and uninstalled Gameloop. After the restart they were gone.... is there any way to fix it. I have tried using 3rd party software to format it . They say task completed but nothing changed. I tried diskpart too. I can use the command clean but it doesnt work and create partition command doesnt work too pls i need help

You shouldn't have to format anything when doing a Windows clean install. You shouldn't have to use Diskpart or the clean command either.

The installer will format the drive automatically.

All you would need to do is manually delete ALL partitions when you see that choice early in the installation after booting from the USB installer with only 1 drive connected.

The drive could be defective, but it's too early to tell.

harshsaroha21

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
You shouldn't have to format anything when doing a Windows clean install. You shouldn't have to use Diskpart or the clean command either.

The installer will format the drive automatically.

All you would need to do is manually delete ALL partitions when you see that choice early in the installation after booting from the USB installer with only 1 drive connected.

The drive could be defective, but it's too early to tell.
I was doing that window couldn't format it. And i am exactly unable to delete the partitions

harshsaroha21

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
Where did you get this Windows installer?

Did you buy it?

Did you make it and if so, how?

How are you booting from it?

Using a boot menu?

Making a change in the BIOS?

Walk us through the procedure.
Used the microsoft win 10 media creation tool to create a bootable USB drive which i have used before to install windows too... nope no changes to BIOS i even set it to default after the issue popped up but the issue was still there