SSD Issues | How to move Saved Pictures and Downloads from my SSD?

Ineedhelpplease828

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Hello.
As my name suggests, I would like some help. So at the moment I have a 2 Terabyte Seagate HDD. No problems there. I also have a 120 GB 850 EVO. While this SSD is fine and gets the job done, I am worried about it. See, I installed windows on it (as you do) and with that all my saved pictures and downloads are being piled up on the poor thing. I've got no steam games on it, just windows, and it only has ~8 GB free. I know an SSD this full is not good for it, but I can't seem to stop losing space on it. I'd like some solutions and/or a way to move my saved pictures and downloads onto my HDD.

https://gyazo.com/793460cbda0d0bbbb0cc4c8d4d7741cd

No reason you can-t just copy to the HDD and later delete the originals on the ssd.
You could cut and paste if you were brave.
I doubt you would gain much since pictures and downloads are small.
It is videos that are large.
You could also run disk cleanup to free up some space.

A full ssd will lose performance and endurance.
Consider buying a 240gb replacement.

Ineedhelpplease828

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017

1. I've tried copying my program files to the HDD but it doesn't work.
2. Um, When I first booted up the PC, storage was fine... Steam Nvidia Shadowplay Gyazo later and you can see how it's doing by the screenshot.

USAFRet

Titan

No, copying Program Files folder will not work. Ever.
And that is not the main drain on your space.

Ineedhelpplease828

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017

Thank you for your help. I found the real problem though... windows.old. I bought windows 10 and didn't think I'd have a windows.old folder, but I'm guessing the Fall creator update might have caused it? Anyway, that's 31 gigs off my poor SSD and into the Aether :)