[SOLVED] SSD Issues

Apr 3, 2020
Hi, my SSD forgot it had windows last night, so i lost everything and installed windows once again, and now it says i only have 50 gigabytes of storage available on my 1tb SSD, any suggestions?

Solution
If you just did a clean install last night, just redo it.
This time, with deleting all existing partitions and proceeding with a blank drive.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Your SSD wouldn't 'forget'.
Potentially either the SSD has a problem, the Boot Manager was corrupted somehow, or your BIOS boot order was changed (CMOS battery dead/dying, perhaps?).

It sounds like you've installed Windows to a new partition, opposed to the whole drive - Take a look in Disk Management. Do you have more partitions? If that's the case, it's unlikely your old install is 'gone'... and you may be able to repair it.

Or, if you just want to proceed with a new install, I'd suggest installing again - but delete all partitions &/or format the drive during install to remove previous installations.

Apr 3, 2020
Well the SSD is about 2 months old, issues started to happen after i changed my RAM frequency, but i was able to download windows again, it made me create a partition, so i made a 50 gig one, since that is what it suggested. So now i would just like to have 1tb of disk space available. Also, i am having issues getting the screencap into the forum, so i will just try to describe it, disk manger says the main partition is full, since it is only 50 gigs, so how could i combine the 50 gig partition, with the 904 gigs of unallocated storage. Thanks for you help.

USAFRet

Titan
If you just did a clean install last night, just redo it.
This time, with deleting all existing partitions and proceeding with a blank drive.

Solution