Question SSD issues

The True Prime

Commendable
Dec 8, 2019
So this one is kinda long but I will try to keep it as brief as possible. I was having this issue around yesterday where my PC had crashed and blue screened, I turned my PC off for the day and didn't bother dealing with it until this morning. During the morning I tried to get through to the bottom of why it blue screened and why every time I turned it back on, the monitor and the PC were on but nothing was displaying. After a while of trying to solve the issue I wasn't able to and decided that I would just go route one and re-install windows on my SSD. As soon as I got into my BIOS, I couldn't locate my SSD anywhere. I checked within the PC to see if it was ok and if the cables were the problem etc. etc. Changed the sata cables and yet still nothing. So I decided to just download windows onto my HDD and boot through there, and when I wanted to initialize my drivers in the disk management, it said that my SSD was not initialized and that "a device which does not exist was specified". The SSD was not even recognized yet it says this "device is working". I don't even know what to do at this point and really don't want to buy a new SSD unless it is last resort. Anyone have any idea why my SSD isn't being recognized and what I can do to recover it.

Thanks

So this one is kinda long but I will try to keep it as brief as possible. I was having this issue around yesterday where my PC had crashed and blue screened, I turned my PC off for the day and didn't bother dealing with it until this morning. During the morning I tried to get through to the bottom of why it blue screened and why every time I turned it back on, the monitor and the PC were on but nothing was displaying. After a while of trying to solve the issue I wasn't able to and decided that I would just go route one and re-install windows on my SSD. As soon as I got into my BIOS, I couldn't locate my SSD anywhere. I checked within the PC to see if it was ok and if the cables were the problem etc. etc. Changed the sata cables and yet still nothing. So I decided to just download windows onto my HDD and boot through there, and when I wanted to initialize my drivers in the disk management, it said that my SSD was not initialized and that "a device which does not exist was specified". The SSD was not even recognized yet it says this "device is working". I don't even know what to do at this point and really don't want to buy a new SSD unless it is last resort. Anyone have any idea why my SSD isn't being recognized and what I can do to recover it.

Thanks
Try thinking outside of the Windows box. Download a linux distro and mount it on a usb. Boot the usb and see if the linux File Manager, Disk and Gparted apps recognize your ssd. If successful you could rescue your essential files from the ssd before wiping it and reinstalling Windows. If not, its probably dead.