[SOLVED] SSD keeps filling up when i'm not doing anything.

Feb 13, 2020
I have a 500GB Samsung Evo 860 SSD and it keeps randomly filling up when i'm not doing anything. I just checked the storage left and it said 147GB, i refresh it and it now says 57gb.
Then i try restarting my computer and it has now jumped up to 70gb. this is a problem when i'm trying to download games. I tried downloading GTA 5 at 98GB storage and then i check it about 10 minutes later and it says that its out of storage and that i have 0 bytes left.

Is my SSD going bad? or is it something else?

Thanks!

Ralston18

Titan
Are you sure that you are at a legitimate website? URL?

In the meantime.....

Use Task Manager to discover what is being launched at startup and what all is running.

You can also run Resource Monitor.

Watch what your system is doing when/while you do nothing.

Then likewise watch again while attempting or doing a download.

Look for apps, processes, services using (reading/writing) the drive.

Feb 13, 2020
Are you sure that you are at a legitimate website? URL?

In the meantime.....

Use Task Manager to discover what is being launched at startup and what all is running.

You can also run Resource Monitor.

Watch what your system is doing when/while you do nothing.

Then likewise watch again while attempting or doing a download.

Look for apps, processes, services using (reading/writing) the drive.
I believe i downloaded the launcher from the official rockstar games website (https://www.rockstargames.com/).
On startup i have: Adobe Creative Cloud, Discord, Spotify, Steam, Adobe Updater Startup Utility, AvLaunch Component, Adobe GC Invoker Utility, Realtek HD Soundconfiguration and Windows security notification activated.
I just stopped the download of GTA and it had only come 2gb and when i uninstalled that it jumped up to 147GB.