Status
Not open for further replies.

thealextgm

Commendable
Oct 4, 2017
B450 Tomahawk, SSD: Adata SX8200PNP

So I left my pc on, while being somewhere else, I come back windows 10 stuck at welcome screen, at first i try fix it safe mode dosen't work, reseting pc didn't work, then i tried completely wiping the ssd in the windows installer from usb, it didn't format it but it created system partitions, then tried diskpart commands, tried cleaning it converting it ,plugging out other hard drives, found out about attributes and it was stuck at 'Current Read Only State Yes' tried clearing the attributes said that it cleared but checking again it didn't I can't format it via diskpart because it write protected, I got somehow it to install linux mint everything worked, then i installed windows on the other hard drive it installed, but it still says that it is write protected, i also tried updating the bios but it didn't change anything. now im using windows 10 on my other hard drive. This is a new ssd for a 2 or more weeks it worked fine.

pictures:
View: https://imgur.com/a/tgFbzn2

Solution
Try with some other tool like Mini tool partition wizard, there are some conditions when windows would not let you format a disk within windows.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I know it's new, but shoot us the CrystalDiskInfo SMART values.
I second that. Crystaldiskinfo will tell you whats up and give you a percentage and or tell you if its good with blue or cautious with a red meaning its on its way to the grave. Im sorry you had to go through all this trouble. This is the first time I have heard about a SSD doing this and messing you over like this. A hard disk I understand but not a SSD. Just for the hell of it go to BIOS and put everything to defaults or optimized defaults. Hit us back my friend. 😏

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS