Ssd locked? Computer wont load, boot configuration data missing.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ajshn

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Programs on my pc kept freezing so I restarted my computer, and it would not stop loading. Now it gives me the message in the title with the error code 0xc000000f. I don't have the recovery file or a second computer I can download it with. Repairing doesn't work and I can't do a system restore because it keeps telling me to pick an os at startup. There is also no option to go into safe mode. I have windows 8.1 installed on a samsung ssd that I've had for almost 2 years come this summer. I had an issue a couple weeks ago where the computer wasn't booting from the ssd and would up like a new computer without any of my files but it fixed itself. I'm out of ideas on how to fix this, and I don't really want to refresh my pc but i save that for a last resort. The ssd is plugged in properly and I can select it to boot from but i just keep getting the error message.

ajshn

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I just wanted to post a resolution to this, I cannot tell you how it was fixed, someone else helped me and i dont think they are sure how they did it either. But I have my computer back and my ssd works just fine, My hard drive however was wiped, (but i had a backup). I wanted to try to make a recovery disk again but it seems to be gone from my computer. Thank you for all your help.