[SOLVED] ssd missing space

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowfy

Reputable
Apr 9, 2020
I have an 120gb SSD, however theres just 70gb free aparently and 50gb are missing. Did someone sold me a faulty SSD?? Whats going on?!

Heres a picture of my Windirstats:

Solution
Also...in your WinDirStat window.

Select one of those little blue squares.
At the very bottom left of that window, it will tell you the path for that particular file.
Where are they?

There is some stuff you've unzipped or something, that is not "uninstallable" and just taking up space.

lowfy

Reputable
Apr 9, 2020
No? Nothing is good! I deinstalled every ** program and game i could find. i do a system search for files and it shows me that visible space and hidden files take up 17gb. My SSD is 110gb, i have 56gb free space available. Find the mistake

lowfy

Reputable
Apr 9, 2020
I have windows 10. Nothing happends when i try to 'right click the windows item'.

Also, when i try to open the control panel by searching for it in the search bar, i click the icon and nothing happends. this happends with ALOT of programs that i try and open that way, it also happends with the cmd.exe. cmd.exe will open quickly and then close again. i try open the image files i posted before on my desktop, those wont <Mod Edit> open aswell. i have continues problems with this pc its INSANE every day theres a new problem. first time amd processor NEVER again that <Mod Edit>, never happened to me with intel processors ever, its either that <Mod Edit> processor or its the OS. Problems over problems, im tempted to throw this pc out of the window

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFRet

Titan
Also...in your WinDirStat window.

Select one of those little blue squares.
At the very bottom left of that window, it will tell you the path for that particular file.
Where are they?

There is some stuff you've unzipped or something, that is not "uninstallable" and just taking up space.

Solution

lowfy

Reputable
Apr 9, 2020
I found it, by manually searching for it in the system tray.. somehow it would open there but it wont open when i click the search.. anyways heres the ss:

I had a problem with my Graphics drivers and i reinstalled them at some point like every time i had to reboot my PC just for games to work, but i dont believe that would take up a whole 30gb

USAFRet

Titan
OK, I actually meant the large grey block at top center. The image showed that as a single block, not a whole bunch of tiny grey blocks.

The reason I'm asking you to check these is to discover where those files ar and what they might be.
At top center of the bottom window, that grey batch of tiny files...where are they? That looks to be maybe 15GB consumed space.

Bottom line - Its not a broken drive, or 'missing drive space'.
There just a bunch of stuff you've not yet discovered what and where it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.