Jun 8, 2020
My pc parts fixed
Hiya, I built my first ever pc now but I cant get the BIOS to detect my ssd card. I have tried moving the sata cable, rebooting to UFEI, and so far nothing. I am at a lost as its my only hard drive and i cant install windows without it? At least it wont let me giving me an ‘incompatibility report’

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020
Ah, OK, Maybe stupid question but did you connect power to SSD too ?
Uh not stupid and no? I googled it cause I thought it would but it sounded like it gets power from mb. I have a sata cable for it connected to mb but i cant find the right cable if it exists for power. The ones that came with my antec earthwatt 550w, were incompatibility so I figured only hdd needed it.

Uh not stupid and no? I googled it cause I thought it would but it sounded like it gets power from mb. I have a sata cable for it connected to mb but i cant find the right cable if it exists for power. The ones that came with my antec earthwatt 550w, were incompatibility so I figured only hdd needed it.
Well, no wonder it doesn't show up, it needs same power connector as any other SATA HDD, there must be some with that PSU.

Jun 8, 2020
Can't see that link either but yes, Molex to SATA adapter will work.Edit, it's semi modular PSU, should have come with more cables.
Ssd needs a 15 pin and it came with 3 sata+molex that is 4 pin but there is an adaptor for 15 pin on amazon that js coming in tomorrow now so hoping it works thank you so much for telling me about the power. I didnt know that my ssd needed a sata cord to the mb till friday cause it only came with the drive and zero instructions compared to everything else.

Ssd needs a 15 pin and it came with 3 sata+molex that is 4 pin but there is an adaptor for 15 pin on amazon that js coming in tomorrow now so hoping it works thank you so much for telling me about the power. I didnt know that my ssd needed a sata cord to the mb till friday cause it only came with the drive and zero instructions compared to everything else.
Was that brand new PSU you bought ?

Latest posts