SSD not letting computer boot even into the bios.

yo90bosses

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
My SSD ( Crucial M4 128gb ) recently stopped working after 4 years. When I turn my computer on it only gets up to the bios flashscreen and stays there. I have tried it with two different motherboards and both show the same problem. My computer runs fine, it boots into Windows and runs fine but if I plug the SSD in with or without the main HDD, then the computer won't even go into the bios.
Btw I have also tried different cables and motherboard connectors.

Solution
Problem is now solved. For anyone who sees something similar, I enabled hot swap for the sata port and Bootes into Windows normally. Then I connected the SSD and it showed up completely normal. I deleted all the partitions and then formated it and made a new volume. So far everything is running fine and it even boots without a problem now.

yo90bosses

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Problem is now solved. For anyone who sees something similar, I enabled hot swap for the sata port and Bootes into Windows normally. Then I connected the SSD and it showed up completely normal. I deleted all the partitions and then formated it and made a new volume. So far everything is running fine and it even boots without a problem now.

Solution