Question SSD not recognised anywhere after forced power off ?

Apr 12, 2022
Hi,
Recently my M.2 (I think Intel?) SSD stopped working (after force power off) and not being recognised anywhere. Windows is installed on it, and now shows a BIOS with INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE stop code.
I put Linux on a USB drive (grml) but that doesn't recognise it either.
The BIOS looks to see it? I see Windows Boot Manager as a hard drive in the BIOS, next to my other operating systems and my flash drive.

Here is an Imgur gallery.

It's an Acer prebuilt, the SSD is 1TB (if it matters), and if required I can find and post PC specs or even open the PC to see the model of the SSD.
No, I didn't download any viruses (I have Malwarebytes installed).
I don't mind not getting my data recovered(even though it would be nice).
Also, It's not the partition that isn't recognised, but the drive itself. I tried installing Ubuntu (again), but it doesn't see the drive.

Thanks!

Jun 12, 2021
Your ssd could be corrupted by a sudden power off.
What error forced you to force it to power off?
Also, it seems like you are using a windows 11 which is less stable than windows 10.
Which build are you using? The dev channel are extremely unstable which I would not recommend to use unless you are experimenting with the new feature.
The beta are more stable but less stable than the release preview.
If you are a normal user who wanted to try windows 11, You better off using the release preview.
And if you wanted to recover your data, try using this.
It is actually safe and it have no limit of how many GB you can recover which is nice.

Apr 12, 2022
Your ssd could be corrupted by a sudden power off.
What error forced you to force it to power off?
Also, it seems like you are using a windows 11 which is less stable than windows 10.
Which build are you using? The dev channel are extremely unstable which I would not recommend to use unless you are experimenting with the new feature.
The beta are more stable but less stable than the release preview.
If you are a normal user who wanted to try windows 11, You better off using the release preview.
And if you wanted to recover your data, try using this.
It is actually safe and it have no limit of how many GB you can recover which is nice.
Hi,
I forgot to update here, but it just randomly started working again 2 days after I posted this. Not sure why, but all my data is still on it. (I am using the Windows insider beta channel, never really had any problems with it)
Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS