Sep 18, 2019
So I'm trying to install Windows 10 on an SSD, which is recognised in the BIOS but not in the Windows Setup, and I wanna do a secure erase on it through BIOS to see if that fixes the issue, as I before unplugged the SSD and plugged it into another rig and installed Windows 7 onto it, which was working fine, but when I plugged it back into the other rig, it wouldn't recognise it as a bootable device, I assume because the system was not compatible with different hardware, but when i plugged it back into my rig I couldn't even delete the windows files or reset the SSD because my system no longer recognised the SSD, BIOS or in the system, i dont know why, but now I'm trying to fix it, so either way, the motherboard on the rig is an Asus Prime X299-A, and the SSD is the Kingston SUV500 120GB.

If you have any other solutions I would appreciate, no idea what to do at this point, considered downloading drivers to run during the setup to help windows installer recognise the SSD but I don't even know where to find these drivers so yeah...

Sep 18, 2019
windows 7 or using windows 10?
Originally was trying to install windows 7 on the ssd because that's what my friend wanted but the computer had only usb 3.1 ports, basically couldn't use mouse or keyboard during setup so I tried installing it on mine and then just plugging the ssd back in, but that didn't work, so I just told him he needs to get windows 10 if he wants an os installed, and that's what I'm trying to install now, the ssd has windows 7 installed on it but is not bootable, and i want to replace it with windows 10

Sep 18, 2019
SUV500 is sata type m.2 ssd.
make sure it is on the first m.2 slot
Uhhh, okay, so I just plugged the ssd back into the same slots i've plugged it in every other time i tried doing this and it randomly worked, though it might be because i changed the sata mode from the intel one to AHCI or hower your spell it, I don't know how or why but it randomly just booted in windows 7... idk man I'm so done at this point lmfao, I just wanna install the drivers and send it off so tired with this computer at this point holy XXXX haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 18, 2019
Uhhh, okay, so I just plugged the ssd back into the same slots i've plugged it in every other time i tried doing this and it randomly worked, though it might be because i changed the sata mode from the intel one to AHCI or hower your spell it, I don't know how or why but it randomly just booted in windows 7... idk man I'm so done at this point lmfao, I just wanna install the drivers and send it off so tired with this computer at this point holy XXXX haha
Ok cool, now it's telling me there was an issue in upgrading windows 7 to 10 because of "an error during Begin_first_boot operation" with the codes 0xC1900101 - 0x3001A

Sep 18, 2019
do a fresh install of windows 10
Did it and it worked, though now the PC bluescreens when I try to stress test the CPU or simply download chrome, is it because of the low voltage or because the install went wrong or something, no idea, though now i updated the firmware on the ssd so there should be less issues hopefully with that

Sep 18, 2019
CPU temps seem to be fine, between 30-36 C idle, it's a watercooled rig so yeah.
Corsair h?HX1200i
Also while at it might just tell you the rest of the specs, i9 7690X, 8x8GB 2133Mhz RAM, and a Zotac RTX 2080 Ti, AMP