SSD not recognizable in Windows / Recognizable in BIOS / Cannot be mounted in Linux

Mar 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

I just recently had a windows 10 crash with "winload.efi" corrupted error and now I cannot boot my laptop. I tried literally everything to save my files from SSD but I cannot do it myself so I decided to ask here. Let me point a few things here:

• - SSD is visible in my UEFI only BIOS
    - When I insert bootable Windows SSD is not recognized
    - When I boot Ubuntu without installing I see the SSD
    - Even see how much space left I have on it
The problem is, I cannot mount it. When I press mount, laptop freezes for a minute or so and when it unfreezes, the SSD is gone until I restart Ubuntu.

Can anyone help me with this, I really want to save my (around 15gb) files from this SSD, so I need something to recover files from Linux or without booting to Windows. After that, when I recover my files I can format it if it works, or buy a new one.

Thank you!

The partition that you are trying to mount is in an 'unclean' state, due to the crash and ungraceful exit.

Assuming that the partition you want to access is at /dev/sda3 (check that because that's not an assumption that is written in stone), you need to open a console session, elevate to root, and do
Code:
ntfsfix /dev/sda3
then try mounting the partition again.