Question SSD not recognized but is in boot priority list ?

Jan 15, 2023
Hello I’ve been running into an issue regarding installing my new m.2 ssd into my pc. The problem is that when I boot up my pc I get an error stating that my ssd is not recognized though when I go into the bios my ssd appears in boot priority but not in storage information and I keep getting the same error over and over again. I’ve already tried unplugging and putting the ssd back on as well as messing with settings I. The bios but nothing will fix it does anybody have anything to try

Did you have an old M2 in your system?
When exactly does this error show up?
Boot does mean many things to different people. Is it in bios mode or when windows is loaded from your old disk.
You mobo probably needs a driver to recognize the M2, go look on the mobo website or/and tell us the model so we can look into it as well.

Also depending on if you want this as a boot disk or for storage things change a little.

Jan 15, 2023
Did you have an old M2 in your system?
When exactly does this error show up?
Boot does mean many things to different people. Is it in bios mode or when windows is loaded from your old disk.
You mobo probably needs a driver to recognize the M2, go look on the mobo website or/and tell us the model so we can look into it as well.

Also depending on if you want this as a boot disk or for storage things change a little.
The motherboard is the tuf gaming b450 and the error shows up if I do not press f2 to enter the bios and it is in bios mode

If the disk shows up in boot priority then during booting it will not tell you that it is not recognized, it would tell you that there is no OS on it or something else.
(Non-system disk or disk error replace and strike any key)
In which case you have to install windows or any other OS on it for it to load.
Change boot priority to usb or dvd depending on what media you have to do a clean install.

error stating that my ssd is not recognized
That error means, you're trying to boot from drive with no OS on it.
Nowhere it says "ssd is not recognized". Your description of the error was very misleading.

Installing a new drive often changes boot priority.
You have to check boot priority and change appropriately.

Note. Installing M.2 drive on your board, disables sata ports SATA_5, SATA_6.
If you have any drives connected there, then you have to move them to different sata ports.

TRENDING THREADS