SSD not recognized by laptop

Aug 18, 2018
Hi guys, I have a problem i couldn't be able to solve.
Some days ago i bought a new Kingston SSD UV500 and a caddy in order to fit it in my Toshiba Satellite L850 laptop. The problem is, when i mounted it, Windows wasn't able to boot and i couldn't even access the bios. So i tried many solutions:

-Checked for any missing driver to install, but seems that Kingston SSDs are already provided with them.
-Enabled Intel VT in Bios, no luck.
-Changed boot order in Bios (in case my laptop was looking for Windows in the SSD and was not able to boot because it was not there) but even if i put USB before HDD/SSD in the boot order and try to boot a Windows live, when the SSD is plugged in, Windows does not boot (and still can't access the Bios).
-Checked if the SSD popped up in device manager, but there was no trace of it.
-Downloaded the Kingston SSD toolbox, but of course it doesn't even noticed the SSD.
-And plugging it when Windows already booted doesn't make it pop up (even if it is Plug-N-Play).

The optical drive still works well and the SSD too (i plugged it in my laptop with a Sata-USB adapter and it showed up). So I think the problem is not bad sata connections or bad SSD.
I also tried to replace the caddy with a different one, still no luck. So i assume the problem is not the caddy.

So, here are all my attempts, but the problem still persist. Any idea?

Aug 18, 2018

Yes but my aim is to connect another ssd, not to replace the old hdd. Plus it's a laptop, i think there's no space for an hdd bracket. That's why a caddy was the best solution.

Aug 18, 2018

Yes, that's what i wanted to do. The laptop seems to handle another drive, that's why i bought the caddy. But even with the caddy in place of the dvd drive it won't boot. Any other ideas? :/