Question SSD not showing up anywhere?

muddysoap14

Reputable
Feb 2, 2019
Spent the past two days trying to install windows on my SSD however it is nowhere to be found, it’s not listed in the BIOS, device manager, disc manager, this pc, windows Explorer, Nowhere to be found.
I can’t Initialise it or do a partition because there’s nothing to click on because the drive isn’t listed on any menu that I can find as I’ve previously stated.
The PC is a brand-new PC that I just put together this past week so everything is brand-new including the SSD in question.
In the meantime I’ve installed windows 10 pro on an old hhd until I can get this all sorted out.

Here’s my build
: ryzen 7 2700x
: gigabyte 2060 rtx oc pro
: t-force 2x8gb ram running at 3200mhz
: asus rog strix x370-f gaming motherboard
: Corsair 650w 80+ gold psu
: SSD L5 3D lite 3 480gb..................this is the drive that won’t show up.
: and the old hhd Seagate 250gb

All drives are set to ACHI by default and boot mode is legacy by default in the bios, Iv tried plugging the SATA data cables into different SATA ports on the motherboard and no matter witch one I use it’s still undetected, iv also used different SATA power/data cables and still no luck. (I’m starting to think it’s a dead drive)

Any help with this would be awesome as I am stuck dead.

Thanks muddysoap14.

Tanksta90

Commendable
Apr 13, 2017
Spent the past two days trying to install windows on my SSD however it is nowhere to be found, it’s not listed in the BIOS, device manager, disc manager, this pc, windows Explorer, Nowhere to be found.
I can’t Initialise it or do a partition because there’s nothing to click on because the drive isn’t listed on any menu that I can find as I’ve previously stated.
The PC is a brand-new PC that I just put together this past week so everything is brand-new including the SSD in question.
In the meantime I’ve installed windows 10 pro on an old hhd until I can get this all sorted out.

Here’s my build
: ryzen 7 2700x
: gigabyte 2060 rtx oc pro
: t-force 2x8gb ram running at 3200mhz
: asus rog strix x370-f gaming motherboard
: Corsair 650w 80+ gold psu
: SSD L5 3D lite 3 480gb..................this is the drive that won’t show up.
: and the old hhd Seagate 250gb

All drives are set to ACHI by default and boot mode is legacy by default in the bios, Iv tried plugging the SATA data cables into different SATA ports on the motherboard and no matter witch one I use it’s still undetected, iv also used different SATA power/data cables and still no luck. (I’m starting to think it’s a dead drive)

Any help with this would be awesome as I am stuck dead.

Thanks muddysoap14.

I am having the same problem...have you found a solution?

muddysoap14

Reputable
Feb 2, 2019
Did you mix modular power cables between different PSUs? Be aware that modular cable pinouts are not standardised.

No, brand new cables, plus I used the same cables with other drives and they work fine, so it’s not the cables or the SATA ports, pretty sure it’s dead.
Since I have to ship this to Taiwan witch will cost me £40 just to ship it there I’m gonna just buy a brand new one it would be cheaper and quicker.

Last edited: