Question SSD not showing up in bios anymore please help

WhiteThunder

Reputable
May 8, 2016
I got a new 860 evo and it worked for a day then I switched motherboards and it stopped working. It would show up in bios for the first couple boots but wouldn’t show up in windows but not it’s completely stopped showing up in bios. I have a ASUS z390e gaming motherboard with a m.2 ssd and hdd that are currently working but the new 3rd isn’t. I’ve updating bios to the newest and have enabled csm. Please help and thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Then mention which slots and SATA ports you've populated on your board with your storage devices. Also, if you can get into BIOS without much trouble, check and see which BIOS version you're currently on.

WhiteThunder

Reputable
May 8, 2016
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Then mention which slots and SATA ports you've populated on your board with your storage devices. Also, if you can get into BIOS without much trouble, check and see which BIOS version you're currently on.

CPU: i5 9600k
Motherboard: ASUS Z390 e gaming
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 8x2
SSD: m.2 intel 600p 256gb
860 evo 1tb (the not working one)
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb
GPU: Strix 2080ti
PSU: EVGA GQ 750w Gold+
Chassis: NZXT s340 elite

I have slots 1 and 3 filled with the hard drive and the not working ssd and the secondary m.2 filled. I’m on version 1305 for the bios which I just updated to.

Read your motherboard manual.
Some M.2 slots on some boards share internal wiring or resource paths with some SATA ports. The end result being that if you have something plugged into one of the 'shared' SATA ports the M.2 slot gets deactivated.

WhiteThunder

Reputable
May 8, 2016
Read your motherboard manual.
Some M.2 slots on some boards share internal wiring or resource paths with some SATA ports. The end result being that if you have something plugged into one of the 'shared' SATA ports the M.2 slot gets deactivated.
The m.2 had windows installed on it from before I changed the mobo and I can boot into windows from the m.2 which is recognized along with the hdd.