[SOLVED] SSD not showing up when first installing Windows 10 pro

Mar 26, 2022
I just got done building my pc and I’m installing windows 10 pro. I plugged my usb into my pc and went through all of the instructions but when I got to the “Where do you want to install Windows?” screen my SSD didn’t show up. What can I do to fix this?
Specs:
MAG B560 tomahawk wifi mobo
Sabrent Rocket Q NVME PCIe M.2 2280 SSD

Solution
I just got done building my pc and I’m installing windows 10 pro. I plugged my usb into my pc and went through all of the instructions but when I got to the “Where do you want to install Windows?” screen my SSD didn’t show up. What can I do to fix this?
Specs:
Try this: download a disk partitioning tool like Gparted and use that to determine if the ssd is visible. If not either the motherboard or ssd may be defective or the ssd may not be properly mounted. If it is visible, make sure it has a GPT device identifier or create one if necessary and that the space on it is totally unallocated, since the windows installer does the rest. Also note that the windows...
Specs:
Try this: download a disk partitioning tool like Gparted and use that to determine if the ssd is visible. If not either the motherboard or ssd may be defective or the ssd may not be properly mounted. If it is visible, make sure it has a GPT device identifier or create one if necessary and that the space on it is totally unallocated, since the windows installer does the rest. Also note that the windows installer prefers that there only be one disk attached during the installation process, you can add more after installation is complete.

Reactions: Wade99able
Solution
Mar 26, 2022
Try this: download a disk partitioning tool like Gparted and use that to determine if the ssd is visible. If not either the motherboard or ssd may be defective or the ssd may not be properly mounted. If it is visible, make sure it has a GPT device identifier or create one if necessary and that the space on it is totally unallocated, since the windows installer does the rest. Also note that the windows installer prefers that there only be one disk attached during the installation process, you can add more after installation is complete.
It was in the wrong spot

Reactions: dwd999