[SOLVED] SSD not shown in SATA AHCI devices

Oct 5, 2018
My second SSD not showing in SATA AHCI devices, the other SSD and HDD are there tho. I've had problems with 100% disc usage that freezes comp with this SSD and would like to try that MSI fix for it but cant work it in regedit because of this. SSD is shown on device manager and in BIOS normally.

When not running stuff on that SSD doesnt freeze comp, but after a while using it.

Sounds like SSD is on its way out.
Download Hard Disk Sentinel - free for 30 days, and it will let you know whats wrong with the drives in your computer.

If your computer can't recognise the SSD then you have to change Sata/Power cable, slot and if that doesn't work, generally the SSD/HDD is dead.

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
SSD Life is a good piece of software to check what life your SSD is at https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/SSDlife-Free.shtml

Try using a different SATA port on the motherboard and if you can try using a different SATA cable, are you just having trouble with the one SSD and other SSD and HDD work fine?

If so it may be that your SSD is dying (use SSD Life to see how long your SSD has been in use and post results here).

Solution
Oct 5, 2018
Been assuming that it might be end of lifespawn. Cable should be working just fine there, because it happened after new windows and prolly I did a mistake and formatted the drive. Other drives are working normally and tried different port. Guess I'll just replace it (only 240 gbs so its cheap)