[SOLVED] Ssd not working at full

Oct 30, 2020
I recently buyed a wd green 120 GB SSD but it's read and write speed and not up to the mark as mentioned ..the mention speed is about 545mb/s but what I get is just 280mb/s on average .I tried several benchmarks such as atto and crystal but the 280 mb /s was max .I had connected it through sata 3 ..what should I do to get its max capacity. plss help and thanks in advance

Solution
But why don't they just label it as simple sata 3 for sata 3 and sata 2 for sata 2..what's the use of labelling them such
There are 4 ports.

That label number is not the protocol (speed) at which they operate.

SATA III (port 1)
SATA III (port 2)
SATA II (port3)
SATA II (port 4)

USAFRet

Titan
I recently buyed a wd green 120 GB SSD but it's read and write speed and not up to the mark as mentioned ..the mention speed is about 545mb/s but what I get is just 280mb/s on average .I tried several benchmarks such as atto and crystal but the 280 mb /s was max .I had connected it through sata 3 ..what should I do to get its max capacity. plss help and thanks in advance
What specific motherboard is this on?

Reactions: Skywalker 0110
Oct 30, 2020
transfer speed is listed as "UP TO" 545 for read, not always or sustained of 545 - make sure you're using a SATA III port and the iRST drivers are enabled.
https://documents.westerndigital.co...n-ssd/data-sheet-wd-green-ssd-2879-800083.pdf
Yes but I am getting only almost half the speed mentioned. Also I have read many reviews and had seen videos about this particular SSD .it gives about average of 400 to 450 mb/s read speed but mine could not cross even 300 mb/s

USAFRet

Titan
From your user manual, pg 14
b9VEuwt.png

It MUST be in port 1 or 2.
The other 2 (3 & 4) are SATA II, and will be at 1/2 speed.