Question SSD not working in laptop.

Forz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Hey guys,

So I found a Acer laptop in my storage drawer and I wanted to see if it still works. It doesn't have a drive in, It works fine and turns on fine. So to see if it works, I took my SSD out of my pc and plugged it into the Laptop. However It acts the same as if there was no drive. It has a flashing white bar in the corner for a few minutes and comes up with the message, 'no boot drive found' or something like that. I also can't get into the BIOS as it just doesn't come up with the screen telling me to hit del to get into bios, and if im at the 'no boot drive' screen, and press any button which usually sends computers into the bios, it just retries to find a boot drive. I have no laptop hdd to test out as my pc's hdd is large. FYI, since i can't get into windows I have no clue on the laptop model. Thanks in advance!

computerjoe314

Respectable
Jan 2, 2019
Make sure that the SSD is bootable by itself. Also, that might not even work if the computers have different architectures. There should me SOMETHING that will tell you the model of the laptop. Without the SSD, are you able to get into the BIOS?

Forz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Make sure that the SSD is bootable by itself. Also, that might not even work if the computers have different architectures. There should me SOMETHING that will tell you the model of the laptop. Without the SSD, are you able to get into the BIOS?

Found the model in a very hidden sticker. It is an acer aspire 5750. I cannot boot to bios without the ssd. It does the exact same if the ssd was plugged in