Asus Prime B365M A LGA 1151
Intel® CoreTM i5 9600KF UpTo 4.6Ghz LGA 1151
Enermax ETSN3102
Kingston® KVRTM 16GB 1*16 DDR4 2666 Mhz 1.2V
XPG Spectrix 512GB S40G 3500MB/s Nvme SSD
Asus Phoenix Gaming GTX1660 Super 6GB DDR6
RealTek® ALC892 7.1 CH HD S/PDIF Out
Intel® I211AT 10/100/1000Mb/s ESD Protection

recently windows started to go automatically to windows recovery stating error 0xc00000f
I tried using the windows recovery tool but to no avail

here's the thing I don't get:

I can see the drive in the bios - I can even browse its folders from the bios update path

but when using the cmd from the windows USB I can't see it in diskpart nor in the windows installation

I tried both slots on my board and it is the same with both of them

any suggestions would be of help
thanks

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I'd RMA the SSD and also replace the junk of a PSU you have.

Good quality PSU, for your build would be 550W range Seasonic Focus or Corsair RM/RMx/RMi.
(All 3 of my PCs are also powered by Seasonic, full specs with pics in my sig.)

For 2nd opinion about your junk of a PSU, your PSU sits in Tier D,
PSU list: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/

While what i'd suggest, is anything in Tier A.

Btw, it is possible that your junk of a PSU is the reason why your M.2 NVMe SSD died on you.

Dec 8, 2022
I'd RMA the SSD and also replace the junk of a PSU you have.

Good quality PSU, for your build would be 550W range Seasonic Focus or Corsair RM/RMx/RMi.
(All 3 of my PCs are also powered by Seasonic, full specs with pics in my sig.)

For 2nd opinion about your junk of a PSU, your PSU sits in Tier D,
PSU list: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/

While what i'd suggest, is anything in Tier A.

Btw, it is possible that your junk of a PSU is the reason why your M.2 NVMe SSD died on you.
cant RMA its not mine I also cant change the hardware.

any other suggestions with somthing I can do?
sending it out via the organization will take a long time and i try not to go there....

Dec 8, 2022
Who's PC is it then? :unsure:

Buy a new SATA SSD (e.g Samsung 870 Evo) or new M.2 NVMe SSD (e.g Samsung 970 Evo Plus), where to install your OS, so you can use the PC.
the organisation I work for sends out the pc to another branch in order to fix them which will take forever.
i will try to run unbuntu from usb and see if i can see the files in some way to save some of my work.
any other idea will be welcome :)

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Since you're currently in data recovery point, there's little to suggest what to do.
Two would be:
  1. Use bootable GNU/Linux distro and boot the GNU/Linux from RAM, so you "might" get access to your NVMe drive.
  2. Put the NVMe drive into another PC and hope that 2nd PC can see it, so you can copy/paste the data over.

the organisation I work for sends out the pc to another branch in order to fix them which will take forever.

Ask for replacement PC during the time your current one is in repairs?