[SOLVED] SSD only shows up when connected to an external shroud?

zyvex

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
I recently got a SanDisk plus 480gb SSD, i connected it to my motherboard via SATA connection on the motherboard and was surprised when it was showing up in device manager, disk manager or even the BIOS.
(Im using a Gigabyte H110M-DS2 motherboard on the latest FW update).

fro some reason when the SSD is connected to an external shroud (via USB), the SSD is recognised in windows and allows me to copy my main C: drive onto it, but disappears again after i switch back to SATA connection

Is the motherboard not compatible or do i have a defective SSD?

Solution
By chance have you forgotten to connect the power cable as well as the sata cable when installing the drive internally?
Make sure the power cable is plugged in at the other end also. You can borrow one from your optical drive, if you know that works, to ensure you have a good source of power.

popatim

Titan
By chance have you forgotten to connect the power cable as well as the sata cable when installing the drive internally?
Make sure the power cable is plugged in at the other end also. You can borrow one from your optical drive, if you know that works, to ensure you have a good source of power.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS