Question SSD Optimize

drjackool

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013
Hi
I have NVME 960 EVO 250G SSD and i just installed Windows (10) on it. The capacity used is about 24G. My question is what period should i use Windows Optimize tool to optimize it? Because i know every optimize (trim) task force used cells of SSD to write again and SSD life is depend to write count but my free space is lot!

Thanks

Last edited:
Install the latest Samsung NVME driver...

(Not sure what Windows Optimize tool you are referring to; WIn10 knows it is an SSD, and will handle TRIM functionality/wear leveling automatically...)

download/Run CrystalDiskMark, confirm sequential reads are ~2500-3000 MB/sec or so, with writes at 1500 MB/sec, and, you know it is working....

Hi
I have NVME 960 EVO 250G SSD and i just installed Windows on it. The capacity used is about 24G. My question is what period should i use Windows Optimize tool to optimize it? Because i know every optimize (trim) task force used cells of SSD to write again and SSD life is depend to write count but my free space is lot!

Thanks
I believe W10 optimizes disks every 14 days, that's quite enough. There's a bit more to it than just sending Trim command. There's no need to change anything.