ninja883

Commendable
May 17, 2018
Hi
I have installed a 120 GB M.2 SATA SSD (WD Green) in my desktop PC using a SATA 3 adapter case. Currently, Windows 10 is installed on a 300 GB HDD (which, as you can guess, is connected by SATA 3). My question is whether I should install the OS on the SSD or not. There are two reasons for my doubt.
  1. The SSD has lesser storage space compared to the HDD.
  2. Connecting the SSD by SATA 3 creates a bottleneck resulting in HDD-like transfer speeds.
If the problem is of storage alone, I think I can manage. All replies are appreciated.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi
I have installed a 120 GB M.2 SATA SSD (WD Green) in my desktop PC using a SATA 3 adapter case. Currently, Windows 10 is installed on a 300 GB HDD (which, as you can guess, is connected by SATA 3). My question is whether I should install the OS on the SSD or not. There are two reasons for my doubt.
  1. The SSD has lesser storage space compared to the HDD.
  2. Connecting the SSD by SATA 3 creates a bottleneck resulting in HDD-like transfer speeds.
If the problem is of storage alone, I think I can manage. All replies are appreciated.
A good SATA III SSD is miles faster than an HDD.
The WD Green is a substandard performer in the SSD realm. And 120GB is pretty small.

Reactions: ninja883