mmd_jvd

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
hey guys!
there is some questions about having a stable frame rate in Games!
so i just made my pc i'm totally sure that this issue not realted to my cpu or gpu, trust me tho!!
but when i go in some games like cod mw, when a new map wanna load, in first 2 or 3 minutes, the fps jumps from 60 to 1 for some but after that we will have a stable fps in the game!
tip: in the first moments textures are not loaded totally!! and my hdd will work too loud in that moment (hdd is 7200 rpm)
so there is question should i buy an extra RAM for my PC or a SSD for this issue! i just want to solve the fps jumping!
i customized my video cfg and disabled and enabled something that may could cause this, like tested shadow cache and etc.
so any idea would be helpful! what do u prefer for this? BUYING ANOTHER 8GB RAM OR A SSD ?
and question should i buy 250 SSD so i could install win and game on it or a 128gb that i can install only windows on it can help too ?
for more information my config is
1060 6gb
core i3 9100f
ram 8 gb ddr4 2400
running cod mw in 1600*900 medium geraphic (that i know it can run this game so much better just fps jumping tho)

Solution
I think a ssd would be best. Buy the largest one you feel comfortable paying for.
250gb at least.
Many things default to the C drive and 120gb will fill up fast.
As a ssd nears full, it will lose performance and endurance.
Everything you do will feel quicker.
Textures loaded from a drive will be 40x faster.

If you are possibly short on ram, a page fauld handled on a ssd will be much faster than on a hdd.

As to more ram, simply adding 8gb may not work.

Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over...

Mohan_27

Reputable
Jun 2, 2017
Hi, I don't think purchasing hardware with higher capacity would solve the fps problem.

Do you have this fps problem in all games? varying from low graphical to higher graphical intensive games?

Is your monitor plugged into your GPU?
Have you scanned your system for viruses and malware?
Are all CPU cores unparked?
Have you installed your latest GPU drivers?

While the FPS Is low, look in the task manager to see if there are any other applications that are using high usage simultaneously.

Reactions: mmd_jvd

mmd_jvd

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
Hi, I don't think purchasing hardware with higher capacity would solve the fps problem.

Do you have this fps problem in all games? varying from low graphical to higher graphical intensive games?

Is your monitor plugged into your GPU?
Have you scanned your system for viruses and malware?
Are all CPU cores unparked?
Have you installed your latest GPU drivers?

While the FPS Is low, look in the task manager to see if there are any other applications that are using high usage simultaneously.
hi dear
1. no not in other games as this one!! like pubg even i run it at ultra!!
but i think cod mw is much heavier than pubg! and tested in lower settings it seems the fpsdrop problem is with texture ( i find it out from my pc treatment) for low texutre the fps drop will be remained but would be less i guess! (cuz i dont want play this with low config while i got this pc)
  1. yes plugged to monitor
  2. no virus or bad softwares
  3. cpu is ok
  4. gpu driver is the last one
:/

I think a ssd would be best. Buy the largest one you feel comfortable paying for.
250gb at least.

If you are possibly short on ram, a page fauld handled on a ssd will be much faster than on a hdd.

A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.

If you do buy more disparate sticks, they should be the same speed, voltage and cas numbers.
Even then your chances of working are less than 100%
I might guess 90% success for intel and less for amd.

What is your plan "B" if the new stick/s do not work?

If you want 16gb, my suggestion if you have an intel motherboard is to buy a 2 x 8gb kit that matches your current specs.
Then, try adding in your old 8gb,
If it works, good; you now have extra ram.
If not, sell the old ram or keep it as a spare.

Solution
Try this first... If you have the frame rate limit set in Nvidia Control Panel, disable it. I was having frame rate issues after the Season 2 update of COD MW. I scoured the interwebs for a solution - as I have yet to hear back from Activision support - and found what worked for me was disabling the maximum frame rate setting in Nvidia Control Panel. I've been hooked on COD MW, but maybe this same fix will work with other titles as well?

mmd_jvd

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
250gb at least.

Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.

If you do buy more disparate sticks, they should be the same speed, voltage and cas numbers.
Even then your chances of working are less than 100%
I might guess 90% success for intel and less for amd.

What is your plan "B" if the new stick/s do not work?

If you want 16gb, my suggestion if you have an intel motherboard is to buy a 2 x 8gb kit that matches your current specs.
Then, try adding in your old 8gb,
If it works, good; you now have extra ram.
If not, sell the old ram or keep it as a spare.
at the first, thanks for replying
here come some questions!
if i just install windows on my ssd, the textures and all data will be loaded 40x faster ? even tho i'd install only windows on it?

dude yeah i just bought this ram! a kingstone fury 8gb ddr4 and yes i always suggest to friends too if they want a 8, so they should buy 2x 4GB and i got plans for adding another 8Gb to it tho, i just wanted to ask am i right? seriously its working better? i mean i heard this because of being dual channels and all this stuff but how much will be the diffrence?

at the end so when all the other parts are working properly and even are not used till their endurance condition; u suggest me buying a SSD for preventing fps drop?

mmd_jvd

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
Try this first... If you have the frame rate limit set in Nvidia Control Panel, disable it. I was having frame rate issues after the Season 2 update of COD MW. I scoured the interwebs for a solution - as I have yet to hear back from Activision support - and found what worked for me was disabling the maximum frame rate setting in Nvidia Control Panel. I've been hooked on COD MW, but maybe this same fix will work with other titles as well?
at the first thanks for replying <3
wow i just checked this and that was off :/
before I've heard that setting a maximum could prevent fps drops in games! cuz sometimes system will work so hard for getting unlimited fps, then we wouldn't have a stability anymore! but maybe i should test it!
and sorry but another question XD
there were some graphic options that wouldn't have been in Game menu!!
something like for openGL or some options for vertical sync and etc, if i change them from there, it will effected on the game or when i launch it it'd be it's ex one?

"sorry if im asking this stuff and not testing them tho!!, cuz there is toooo much solutions and im sortta tired from testing everyting! =("

You also need to put your games on a ssd as well as windows.
The ssd devices are getting cheaper.
Once you have one, you will never build without one.
I have windows and a bunch of games on a single 500gb ssd.

Intel is quite tolerant of mismatched ram. But, there are no guarantees that it will work properly.
Intel is also not very sensitive to ram speeds or even dual channel operation.
The exception is integrated graphics which you do not have.

Check task manager hard page fault rate.
If it is anything like 1 per second or higher, you need more ram.

mmd_jvd

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
SSD makes a difference for loading games. I'm in PUBG lickaly split.
Yeah i mean it's true but can i ask what u mean from loading?
Cuz sometimes when the loading screen would be finished, still some textures and other things are not rendered and loaded completely! So loading is counted in the game environment, or you just mean the loading screen 🤔

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Yeah i mean it's true but can i ask what u mean from loading?
Cuz sometimes when the loading screen would be finished, still some textures and other things are not rendered and loaded completely! So loading is counted in the game environment, or you just mean the loading screen 🤔
Well, 16 gigs of ram is the norm now. 8 gigs for newer games isn't enough.

TRENDING THREADS