[SOLVED] SSD PCIE 4.0 Os and games on the same drive?

goki

Prominent
Sep 1, 2019
Ive reciently got a ADATA XPG GAMMIX S50 1 TB - PCIE 4.0 , I have another ssd a kingston SUV400. Should I install the OS on the kingston drive an leave the ADATA just for games ? or just the ADATA for everthing? what is the better option?

Last edited:
Solution
The OS goes on the SSD for paging (if used) and just loading up the OS.
The largest games are ~100GB on the drive. You (and I) have a 1tb SSD. Are you going to have more than 5 large games installed? 5 large games would represent only half of your SSD. If not, don't worry. Even if you are peaking 750MB, you shouldn't have to worry. I don't think I've ever had more than 5 major games installed on a computer.
If you have the chose, put the ones with annoying loading screens on the SSD and the rest on a HDD. media goes on the HDD.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Adata for OS (pagefile) and as many favourite big (open world etc) games you can fit for better asset loading on the fly as many open world games like to do.

Use kingston for games too but your most fav, more demanding titles on the Adata.

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
The OS goes on the SSD for paging (if used) and just loading up the OS.
The largest games are ~100GB on the drive. You (and I) have a 1tb SSD. Are you going to have more than 5 large games installed? 5 large games would represent only half of your SSD. If not, don't worry. Even if you are peaking 750MB, you shouldn't have to worry. I don't think I've ever had more than 5 major games installed on a computer.
If you have the chose, put the ones with annoying loading screens on the SSD and the rest on a HDD. media goes on the HDD.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS