[SOLVED] SSD Premature Death..alas, we hardly knew ye...

Badger51

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
Alas, my SSD, acting as my C: Drive has died.

The desktop it was attached to was having critical process errors, followed by no boot drive found errirs,

I was able to swap in another SSD drive to serve as the C: Drive and switched some program/data from the D: Drive. All is well, with perhaps some data lost on the old SSD Drive.

Is there any way to recover the windows information so that a replacement drive can be loaded with a Windows installation?

Thanks

Solution
Model and age of your SSD?

Generally harder to recover data from a failed SSD. First thing you can try is SSD Enclosure with USB connectivity. No guarantees it will work as probably the controller has been fried due to sustained high temps over time.

You can try data recovery experts but it would cost much more than recovering from HDDs.
Which is why regular back up is a must.

Ferimer

Distinguished

The desktop it was attached to was having critical process errors, followed by no boot drive found errirs,

I was able to swap in another SSD drive to serve as the C: Drive and switched some program/data from the D: Drive. All is well, with perhaps some data lost on the old SSD Drive.

Is there any way to recover the windows information so that a replacement drive can be loaded with a Windows installation?

Thanks
Just redownload windows onto the new one? and just insert your information to make it genuine

Model and age of your SSD?

Generally harder to recover data from a failed SSD. First thing you can try is SSD Enclosure with USB connectivity. No guarantees it will work as probably the controller has been fried due to sustained high temps over time.

You can try data recovery experts but it would cost much more than recovering from HDDs.
Which is why regular back up is a must.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Thanks
What "windows information"?

Badger51

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
Well, I'm less than articulate, as always...

The Windows OS was from a machine in my name....the Windows OS on the new SSD was from a machine in my partner's name...

Mostly, I need to install Windows OS onto a new SSD to finish reconfiguring an older machine. Not sure how to replicate the OS into the new (old) machine

Ferimer

Distinguished
Well, I'm less than articulate, as always...

The Windows OS was from a machine in my name....the Windows OS on the new SSD was from a machine in my partner's name...

Mostly, I need to install Windows OS onto a new SSD to finish reconfiguring an older machine. Not sure how to replicate the OS into the new (old) machine
Windows OS are usually connected to accounts by reinstalling windows OS and inputting your information would solve that problem