SSD Prices Start To Plunge

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckzeh

Reputable
Sep 21, 2017
Bought the Micron 1100 a few months ago, didn't expect further price drops. In hindsight wish I had gotten more faster Samsungs.

Jun 12, 2018
I'm somewhat neutral on this. Replaced the HDD in my main PC with a 1GB Samsung and have been pretty unimpressed with speed...other than boot time, which is quite fast. Not sure what the issue is, but very little help out there, probably because everyone assumes an SSD will perform regardless and/or not many have yet made this move. I used their utility to clone the HDD to the SSD, after cleaning up temp files, etc.

Have you installed their Magician software for the SSD? Give it a try and see if the performance improves. It's not necessary, but if my SSD didn't seem to be performing as expected, I'd install the Magician software to see if it helped. You may actually have something else going on with your system, too. Keep on tweaking that bad boy!

treyshoe

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
I just replaced my wd blue 250 SSD with crucial cx500 1 tb for 177 on amazon heck of deal and is over 30 pct faster then my WD Blue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.